And I. Am. Pumped.
For a lot of reasons. I'm pretty excited to start school (I swear to god my high-school self is shuddering right now). I miss my friends so much and most of them live out of state, so we don't see each other during breaks. I'm moving off campus which feels great, and I'm living with my best friend and two other girls who seem pretty cool. And a dog. So, life is good. I'm a little overwhelmed at having to bring furniture and everything to school for the first time, but I found a coffee maker so really what else do I need?
A lot. I need a lot.
I went to Target today to grab some big plastic storage bins (I had two of these already, and bought two of these today) and low and behold, the dollar section caught me in its cheap, colorful clutches. I bought two expanding folders, one in gray and one in mint green, because they were a dollar each and I literally cannot control myself in Target.
The inner teacher in me is a squirrel. I've slowly started hoarding things for students and a classroom that I don't even have yet. I look at everything and think, would that be good for next year? Could I use that? And the answer is usually yes. Do I need all of this stuff? Nope. Am I going to bring it with me anyway? You bet.
I have a problem.
Anyways, I printed out the CCSS for the grade I'm working with next year and stuck them in one of the folders. Now I'm going through my computer and all of pPinterest looking for resources and eventually I'm going to try to sort through them and print them out and eventually file them into one of the folders. I have a lot of management stuff so far but very little lesson planning material, which is just as well because I have no clue what my students' curriculum looks like yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment